Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Diamond necklace - My admiration



Its been long since I wrote a post, I thought when I write again I didn’t want it to be a movie review. But this movie had affected me so much that I had to write a post – Diamond Necklace.



I got this movie via a friend almost 2 months back, but was too lazy to watch it or the fact that it was not a tamil movie or a English movie made me hesitant, but somehow yesterday morning I forced myself to watch it.

Immediately I got hooked with the story and characterization of the hero. First I would like to sincerely appreciate the director for creating a hero character full of flaws till the end, in between I got doubt while watching, whether the hero was actually a hero or a villain.

But Malayalam cinema once again proved itself to be down to earth,simple & truthful to its own self.


The story starts with the hero Dr arun Freaking himself out in dubai with his friends, enjoying and spending money lavishly - a cool mallu dude, I was wholeheartedly disappointed with the start, what is this?!!!

Its not a typical hero introduction scene for a Malayalam movie, for tamil its okay, but not for Malayalam, but eventually the movie gripped me so much, I was desperate to finish it off before going to office.

The hero Dr Arun is having huge financial trouble due to his lavish lifestyle and uncontrollable expenses of a bachelor who lives alone in a different country.  In the mean time, he falls in love with a nurse Lakshmi in his work place, must talk about this girl, she has got beautiful eyes  and extra ordinarily believable acting skills, wish tamil cinema would use her for non- commercial roles.  

Typically the hero and heroin enjoy their newly found love, there is a song, end of it they will make love, oh god, here  I thought, okay, that’s pretty decent, he would marry the girl. 



That is where the director keeps a twisting point , where the hero was forced to go back to kerala due to his mother’s illness and gets married to one more girl with  money. And just calls the heroine (the first heroine) to say that he is sorry.Holy shit, i didn't like it! :)

2nd heroine of this movie is the niece of Dr savithri called maya in this movie, very pretty girl who was given a very sad role, she had done a beautiful job of convincing us of her illness and practically throwing herself at a man of her liking,  feeling guilty when she had slept with the hero when she comes to know that he is married, but fights life and her disease like a demon. 

Beautifully crafted character and I liked the way they had made her character in the end, a girl who sheds all her guilty consciousness and focuses only on the present, neither the past nor the future, just the present. Very good.




3rd heroine of this movie is the hero’s wife, they made her look like a money sucking bitch, but I wouldn’t agree with that, she was casual creature who just lives her life happily without any expectations or demands from anyone except her loved one’s. Her character is the best among the three, she impressed me a lot, because this girl is without any precautions or predictions, she lives her life just the way it is, happy when she is happy, sad when she is sad, neither conniving not judgmental. Loved her.

And here comes  a supporting character which played by actress rohini, such simple and elegant acting as Dr savithri, she is no less than her late husband Mr raguvaran, very impressed with her characterization and the elegance of which she had carried her character throughout the movie.

Finally the hero/ Villain/human/thief/confused youngster/womanizer etc….all in one box, pretty big job for fahad faizal huh!!! 

Man this guy can rule Malayalam cinema, he has got charm, he has got great smile, he has got pain in the eyes, he has got great acting skills, he has got beautiful nazriya, lucky her. Coming back to his nature in this movie, I was mesmerized; I have never seen such a hero character in my indian movie watching experience, ever! 

Totally he makes love to 3 women, he ditches 2, he cheats his wife, he is behind money, he flirts with the Bank manager lady and he is not even guilty, who would like such nature? 

 Must be honest here, I did. Preposterous isn’t it?

 He is human with mistakes and to the outside world he lives a perfect life, but inside he is one screwed up person with unbelievable flaws. 

Flaws can be made into positives and there is a possibility every situation can be corrected despite the worst time of the situation.

No human in this world is bad unless the situations arises -was an excellent message from this movie

Bottom line :- I loved Diamond necklace (Malayalam) and I highly recommend for everyone to watch it..its worth it. 

I must congratulate the director of this movie, he has done an extra ordinary job of making even a small character so real & convincing.  I had a great time watching it.
You don’t have to be a malayalee to watch it, download it with subtitles to enjoy the realm of Malayalam cinema.

Regards
Prathipa 

P.s Thanks Indiaglizts and other websites for the photo courtesy.

1 comment:

  1. hi prathii... u forgot to tell the character played Mr.Srinivasan.... It s one of the important characters in ths film... He s the one who helped the hero to resolve the problem to some extent...

    ReplyDelete