Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Without our permission!

If you have a woman at home- A mother, wife, daughter, in law, sister etc., you must have heard them speaking about  harassment on women generally.As a man at home, some of you must have got very angry seeing those illiterates (not based on education, but intelligence) behave immorally at your woman in the streets. You will get angry for sure, its your woman , right?

Its probably in a theater,mall, busstand, street, everywhere....Women go through this torture by men! Its not entire men crowd is blamable. Its the few, who has no morals, grew up in a ugly way, treat any woman ugly.

Guys, who has daughters understand my feelings better. I have gone through sexual harassment when i was just 5- by my own relative. I never said this to my mother or anybody, because i was so scared even to open up my mouth about this incident. Nothing big  happened, except i was a scared girl, wise enough to push that guy aside and ran away.

Till this day, we both never speak to each other, probably he feels guilty about what he had done, forgiving his age, he must have been 5 or 6 years older to me. But its a  bad start for a girl like me, any girl, for that matter, to experience harassment at that age.

One more experience i had is- in bangalore. I just got job at deutsche bank,where in my shift was UK, hence mostly i would return to home around 10.30, that particular day, i returned home much more  earlier than usual. Around 8.00 Pm i would say, was on call with my mother, speaking about my company so on and so forth.Walking in the street, JP nagar, bangalore.

An auto was coming from the opposite corner and he was driving towards me, seeing the vehicle i moved myself little more side to the street, yet, those idiots, managed to come and with a force, pressed my stomach and literally pushed me down and went away with a giggle.

For a moment , i was dumbfounded , shocked, literally ambushed. My mother was still on call, she was calling, ammu are u there? are u there? - I didnt reply her for 2 complete minutes, natually she disconnected the  call and called me again.

By this time, i was out of shock- little, so i picked up the phone and told about the incident to her! Its very foolish of me, immediately, my mum got very scared and she told me,bangalore is so unsafe, come back home, Then i had to pacify her by telling, come on amma, i lived here for 2 and half years, i know this place. Dont worry , kinda .....

These both incidents had a worst impact in my life. And i suffered from stomach pain continuously for 3 days after that attack on me. Wish it had never happened.

Why i wrote about my own life's incident because, i dislike to be treated this way. Period.

I like me,i like my body, i like everything about myself, but i dont like someone touching it without my permission. It makes me puke. I hate it. Its dangerous, it makes me angry, frustrated at being a dumb soul, who cannot raise a finger against this kind off crimes.

There is a general blame on girls, wear your dresses properly, we shall keep our hands to ourselves. Guys, are you mad? what is the stupid statement! It clearly says,  we are natually jerks, without harm, but when you girls provoke us with sexy dresses, we definitely show our jerkyness to you???

Two days back came this rape story in delhi, which made me literally weep, those bastards not only raped the girl, but threw her outside the running bus after the horror. Clearly hoping the girl will die.
Her intestine is totally damaged, the boyfriend who was with her, will never marry her, she will surely need psychological treatment , she has to manage her stress, moral, society, crime, education, parents, relatives, friends and her own self. How much damage? how much self destruction.

Apart from this, stupid media. Everything is against the rightness of the society and calling the rightness is literally the bad way of living.   Having experienced few by myself, i can empathize the girl's position now, she is getting treated. Without consiousness.

What gives you the right to take something, which is not yours? Who brought  you up like this?

Few days back, had a chat with one of my friend in twitter, about ogling. No girl with her right mind, would say no,for a decent attraction from the opposite sex. But its vulgarity against woman is painful.
Men in the name of dogs. Again i m not blaming the entire men crowd. There is black and white side for everything. I agree, but  news likes this makes me weep for a fellow human being rather than a woman.

Its atrocious and it has to stop. But, who will ring the bell, for everybody its a news, yeah, i wrote a blog post! That's all! I am blaming myself. I am totally corrupt, because i m not protesting it, its acceptable here. Yeah it happens! Country like india, it is so pure and virginal, not anymore, not when things happening like this.

Its india, bharat matha, so purified, so nice, so good, so decent, we never raise voice for anything, we are brought up that way, we resent violence, we prefer peace. we love- love, we are born to be the peace makes even with the enemies.

Then, what the heck would you call this incident or the incidents which is happening around this country for girls who reached the age of 5 - 90. Are we safe? are we protected? who is gonna protect us?  Yeah, its happening in north? so, we south girls, shut our mouth up? is that so?

Dammit ! Every woman cannot learn karate or kung fu to protect us, so the society must treat or learn itself. All i could ask whomever reading this post, please do us a favor, if you have son at home, Please teach him, to treat woman right, may not be equal, but as a fellow living being in this world.

World will not end, the sinners have not suffered yet.......

Prathi surendran

8 comments:

  1. Great writing.especially at the last line when u asked the parents to teach their kids abt this..There comes the reason why this is a must read post by all men and women.for example when a guy goes to theater with his love or sis or girlfriend.when guys on backrow shout and ggl he gets irritation. He waits for perfect words/reason for procedn/talkback 2 them.but most of the time guys dont get it and come out of the place with raised anger and tmp. But did they make sure they are not giving the same uncomfortable feeling to the people when they go to theater with their guy friends.mostly no.but why? Why still they make girls uncomfortable who come alone with their comments and wst.?? This queatn shld raise in each and every1s mind...
    Please dont make anyone uncomfortable.plz.even if u are not able to help others in public place doesnt matter but please dont make anyone uncomfortable and ruin their day....

    -ericpavel. (Twtr&fb)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm..... Being a girl I completely feel :( ( tears in my eyes)

    Every women or a girl in this world would have experienced the same and I would say 90% of the women are sexually harassed.... as you told its because they are illiterates( by intelligence) .. yes that's 200% TRUE !

    hmmm.... this society call WOMEN as a WEAKER SEX but I would tell all the MAN in this world that " MAN are WEAK and become Wretched without women " ( I mean it ) .

    finally I would like to remind every MAN that they all come from a WOMB of a WOMEN ( HIS mother) :(

    My dear Sister , EXCELLENT, FANTASTIC, SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I couldn't take my eyes ... hmmm ... the last sentence "World will not end, the sinners have not suffered yet......." wowww your words are so powerful and will sure make every MAN to THINK and UNDERSTAND !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comment is making me feel so wonderful soundarya, thank you :) very sweet of you to say so :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Castration is the best medicine...Its really very overdue and should be made into a law ASAP and practiced throughout the country, no distinction of north or south & west or east, with all the rapists in this Nation...As the only son of a wonderful mother and also as a loving brother of my elder sister this is what I always feels whenever such news reach my ears.

    By Castrating them, we not only deny them a easy death or jail term...We can also make sure that they don't repeat it again..never ever again with any female in all their whole life and it will go on to give a strong message to all those wannabe rapists that their fate will be no different from that of this castrated useless wretched vegetable-like animals.

    About time a campaign is started on this and if there is already one, let all of those lend our support towards this cause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats the solution kevin! Even the good ones getting accused because of few dirty idiots like these guys, its really frustrating! We are over forgiving! but inside everything is dirty, As you said, castration is the most torturous and satisfying punishment that could be given for people who dares this crime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not going to portray your penning skills. For me, Any man who puts his finger on a woman without her permission has to be damned, he never deserves to be treated as a human.

    Blunt plain is shown in your words. APMHO, blunt words carrying pain speak a lot. These incidents are faced by thousands of my sisters around our country daily. A long term education for people of fore-coming generations is needed to dilute chauvinism/sex crimes.

    May be irrelevant but I should say this here as I feel it needs to be said here, I support "Dressing freedom" of any kind for any women and my support extends to "Pre-marital sex" without any conditions (Of-course both should agree).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Prathipa you very much correct. But what breaks my heart even more is when the very those who are supposed to protect turns into the abusers. When fathers rape their daughters and brothers their own sisters I wonder what is happening in our society. For last two weeks, these are the realities that is been heard from different districts of Kerala and think already there been some 5-6 cases of incestual rapes...It is really very painful when this things start happening within the four walls of homes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well written and a deserved on at this time in india. Every girl keeps quiet, or her family makes and the story never comes out. Guilty never serve time. But saying it out, we know its happening, ppl will be more careful. and those dogs must be punished.

    Its sickening to hear whats being happening in india.

    Being a SriLankan, i am not saying they r all perfect, but when LTTE was under control, a female can walk out any time of the day or night and wouldnt be harmed. there was mutual respect. Women dont wear salwar or saree. they dress causally in skirts and our men dont get provoked.

    then civil war happened and some of my family moved to india. they dressed decent, skirts below knees and tops but were criticize, judged, called names, even harassed by the men in their neighbourhood. This even happened to my friend who went back less than 2 yrs ago!

    this is disgusting. they need to see women as humans, not as some sex machines.

    ugh. i am glad u took this topic and wrote abt it. and seriously, if u see that dude (ur relative), slap him. he deserve it!

    ReplyDelete