Thursday, June 14, 2012

How to do something, as no one does....Day 37- Target 365

2 months back moved into a new team.

Its a pilot process, new manager, as i was the only person initially, not much work for the past 2 months...

In fact, no work...

Last week and this week , we started working on few files on risk management.

Yesterday, my manager came to me and asked me to do "SOP"

Standard operating procedure for the file we do work everyday

As i was new to this "SOP", i was little confused, how to go ahead....

Yet, had believed in myself, and created a file and sent it to my manager.. CC' ing the other person in

my team,who happened to be the one, created the file.

I told my manager," I have sent you the file"

He told me," Ok"

Confirm with himanshu once..... I was little(more) irritated....

Why should i confirm with him, when my work was perfect.

But, i could not show my irritation on his face. I called himanshu and told him...He asked you to have a look....

Himanshu did few alterations in the front page and sent it to the manager.

Frankly, those amendments were not that great, except for a few basic factors.

yet, my manager thinks...Himanshu is working here and not prathipa.

If only, i had asked himanshu to come to my place and asked him about the amendments..i would

have sent the file, instead of him. and proved to be more reliable and committed person.

So the lesson i learned was ....

  • Always, always makes sure...U r doing your work and @ your place
  • If you are done with a presentation, try to make it look good at least 100 times..(100th time definitely it will look good.
  • Make the first impression correct, if you are in corporate 
  • Never ever show your original nature inside the floor
  • Try to learn from every situation possible , as i have done today
  • Update yourself everyday on new topics, especially topics related to work
  • Be the first to volunteer on extra project work
  • Don't stretch at office.. Leave on time...
Life is all about learning everyday,

Today i have learned the lesson of trusting your instincts and knowledge.

1 comment: