Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fun- Definitely not funny

Sorry my dear friends for delaying the post! Few of my friends called me and shouted

"hey girl, what the heck are u doing, write a blog, quick and fast", :-) well, i still remember the days, i had to force them to read what i had  written! Frankly, its really making me smile!

Well, I am a kind of person, write, when i feel strongly about something. If i dont, even if i sit with a pen for more than 2 days- hmhm i cannot write. Its like a personal moral policing myself. In a way, good for  me and for my dear readers, of course.

Yesterday, something affected me personally! Yeah, again! I was reading the blog post of Mr rajan leaks / Rajanism ! There i have seen a video clipping of a film fare award, last year.

I follow robin sharma, hence watching tv is not my cup of tea, though i watch it sometimes, to pass time, but never too keen on reality shows or any programs, for me, its there, thatsall. without any importance from my end.

When i saw the clipping, i felt like "Buggers, started again" (this was literally my thought)

 where shah ruck khan and saif ali khan stood on the stage and teases people who's in the audience. I am sure, 90% of the population in the audience just laugh at those cranky irritating jokes just for the sake of laughing or they probably want to please the most popular, king khan of bollywood.

Every year its happening,  During an award show, forgot which one, Ashutosh gowarikar had raised the same issue for insulting the movie jodhaa akbar, directly to  faraah khan and her brother. I  mean, what kind of comedy is that? First of all, when you scripting something, why cant you write something which is really funny, which never hurts anybody's sentiment.

During the show,  shah rukh and saif spoke to hrithik- its clearly obvious, hrithik was totally pissed and he is a decent guy ( i have never seen him speaking bad about any community, language , people or movies though i m not his big fan) hence he was forced to reply in a matured way, he kept his decency and pulled their legs about their own  respective flop movies.billu barber and kurban

Next these guys didn't stop and started asking about neil nithin mukhesh's surname. I m not ashamed to say, i myself wasn't aware what is surname until i was 21. Its true! Because in tamil nadu, we do have initials, we dont have surnames. We are taught that way. For me surname looks totally ridiculous initially, can i question shah rukh about that? ( a legal pakistani supporter)

I have many north indian friends, starting from delhi -madhya pradesh! Everybody asked the same question to me, Of course, normal way of asking never creates problem.It is extreme sarcasm creates the problem and the cultural gap.

Why you dont have surname? Answer is--- because we dont have family name, we use our father's name! That is not something to be ashamed of, definitely.

Even for food habits, we appreciate the latino, italian , french food, but inside your own country, some one has different taste and way of living, its funny to many, seriously pitiful attitude.  In a way, many act childish! Sad it is!

Few years back when NDTV gave rajinikanth an award, when shah rukh was asked to question rajini, he was literally abusing rajinikanth with the help of his best friend karan johar.

Guy, we accept you gave great movies in b-wood, you are some one great, but insulting a person like rajnikanth even for fun it shows the cheap quality of a human being. Period.

Even satyameva jayathey had got excellent TRP's. If TRP is the motto, do it wisely, quality reaches people much much better than negative publicity.

Madhavan was asked what is the full form of your initial R- and R madhavan said Ranganaath- and they all started laughing. And they were showing all the tamil speaking people faces, including rekha, sridevi, vidya balan and A R rahman. Bull shit!

Its not about north and south here. I have seen best best hindi speaking people and conniving southies. Every where good and bad is mingled and mixed,we cannot eradicate it completely, yet we can minimize it to some extent.

Instead of being a groupie, before questioning somebody we must know the culture or nature or the person. If you dont have time for all those things or for details. Please stop talking as if everything is known to you, it is clearly a way of making yourself a big time comedy piece in front of your own people.

Due to my experiences with few of my malayalee friends in college, i used to hate them! But one of my friend kevin, had said, people are good everywhere, judging from the very few poeple, shows you dont want to see the reality. I knew, i was wrong in speaking bad about one community or language people at that time. So changed my attitude about that,still changing...

I was  insulting about an actor, i tweeted something and Mr parisal/krishnakumar anna( a famous and a very good tamil blogger)  had come and said- you mustn't tweet about someone this way. I soulfully agreed his point, because, who are we to tweet something insulting about someone! We have no right, we cannot judge people, because of their movies, tweets or statuses. We really dont know what is the true nature of that person.

Positive -strong criticism is good! But cranky- sarcastic attitude shows our own nature not others.I know, we humans sometimes with our own frustration from the real life tend to have satanist attitude, including me, but our quality displays when we come out of it and show the sweet human nature

Jokes are meant to make people laugh not to insult!

Prathi surendran

3 comments:

  1. I don't think that criticism means insulting one...............otherwise it exposes one's reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. are u saying positive criticism is good parithi sir?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post...we have a lot to look abt and change n ourslf and society..surnam <--this elem dsn wrth 2 start a pblm...thats true...I really feel bad lyk few persons tho they are very fms,rich enf, popular but dnt have stage sense..as 80% all are fools with rubbish thoughts its gud 2 see that many ppl they can manage them hide them in public plc.but y few people are not even able 2 act lyk decent gys !!!..hurtn someone n makkin all others happy is nt a good thng as u sd... we dont have right to intrfr in others persnl life n make fun of it unls we are connctd 2 it...even if v r connctd there is a limit to critisz...as parithi sir said criticism is not a insultin one wat we critisiz abt makes d difference..!!! We shld never take adv of others silence thinkn that they are dumb coz they are fools.... silenc shows how matured they are...!!and if the silence brks it will hav a most efc chng...know that...nice post once again..write more

    ReplyDelete